Please see below for a selection of media and press clippings featuring disaster relief activities of Peace Boat and PBV.
Please visit the PBV’s Japanese website for the full list of media coverage published/ broadcasted in Japanese language.
- Japón vuelve a vencer la adversidad (Spanish) – March 11, 2012; Juan Felipe Sierra Suarez; El Colombiano (Colombia).
- Aftershocks of Japan’s tsunami nightmare – March 9, 2012; Katrina Stokes; The Adelaide Advertiser (Australia).
- Gardens Help Survivors Grow Hope – March 8, 2012; AmeriCares; AlertNet (Thomson Reuters).
- Mutlos nach dem Tsunami (German) – February 8, 2012; Sonja Blaschke; Financial Times (Germany).
- British Chamber of Commerce in Japan – January 30, 2012; Chris Betros; Japan Today (Japan).
- Disasters kick-started dormant volunteer spirit – January 5, 2012; Minoru Matsutani, The Japan Times (Japan).
- Tsunami au Japon: les conserves de l’espoir (French) – December 17, 2011; Marie-Soleil Desautels; La Presse (Canada).
- Tsunami fails to stop newspaper even if it’s 1 page, handwritten – November 16, 2011; Juan V. Sarmiento Jr; The Inquirer Global News (Philippines)
- Training Volunteers to Deal With Disasters – November 10, 2011; Dennis Engbarth; IPS.
- NPOs on the ground in Tohoku – 6 months after March 11; September 10, 2011; Tish Robinson; Japan Today (Japan).
- Tsunami-hit areas need more helpers digging out, surviving requires volunteer aid – August 18, 2011; Christopher Johnson; The Washington Times (US).
- Disaster brings out best in people, communities – August 2, 2011; Jon Mitchell; The Japan Times (Japan).
- Diverse ways of dealing with chaos – August 1, 2011; C. Gopinath; The Hindu Business Line (India).
- Volunteers support Japan disaster clean-up efforts. Global companies among groups backing helpers in hard-hit areas – July 27, 2011; Lisa Twaronite; Wall Street Journal Marketwatch;
- Non-profit organisations in Japan: Charity at Home; July 7 2011; The Economist.
- Japanese earthquake- the volunteer clean-up crews – July 1, 2011; Danielle Demetriou; The Telegraph (UK).
- Cleanup effort enters new phase: As volunteers dwindle in Tohoku, companies and NPOs step in – June 1, 2011; Natsuko Fukue; The Japan Times (Japan).
- A volunteer’s journal of hope for Tohoku – Many willing hands in organized groups are aiding in the massive post-March 11 clean-up; May 8, 2011; Andrew Lee; The Japan Times (Japan).
- Disaster stirs a spirit of activism in Japan: Thousands spent days cleaning up tsunami-hit areas – May 8, 2011; Liz Ruskin; The Philadelphia Inquirer (US).
- Foreigners put pro-democracy rallies on hold to help disaster survivors – April 21, 2011; Asahi Shimbun (Japan).
- Far From Over – April 15, 2011; Megumi Nishikura; Metropolis (Japan).
- Postcard from… Tohoku – April 6, 2011; Foreign Policy in Focus; Jon Mitchell.
- Foreign volunteers in relief efforts – NGO trying to involve non-Japanese in ‘international cooperation’ to support Tohoku – April 5, 2011; Jon Mitchell; The Japan Times (Japan).
- Peace Boat rallies help for victims – March 25, 2011; Eriko Arita; The Japan Times (Japan).